[OM] Re: Q: questions cosidering some problems with purchased Winder 2 f

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: questions cosidering some problems with purchased Winder 2 from ebay
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:36:33 -0600
The only "common" problems with the winders are bent battery trays from
leaving batteries in them too long, corrosion on the battery contacts of the
tray (again, from leaving batteries in them too long), and failure of a
rubber ring that transfers the rotation of one gear to another -- over time,
these rings dissolve, with the result that after firing the camera, the
motor will spin freely, sometimes for only a brief moment, sometimes several
seconds or more.

With true battery drain, i.e., batteries going dead just sitting in the
winder, I would first suspect corrosion due to liquid damage of some sort.
Check closely on the plate above the battery tray's chamber as well as the
screws that hold it for rust.