[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #329

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #329
From: Jaime Garmendia <huitzilopoxtli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:24:49 -0500
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:35:16 +0100 (CET), Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> i'll be san jose for a wedding thurs. evening thru sat. (xmas) noon.
> anything particularly interesting that i would want to see? won't have a
> car, don't think (going w/ family), so immediate vicinity historic places
> or other classy old structures are my cup of tea. ideally, i'd drive up in
> a second car, and go up bezerkeley and 'frisco :(

There are so many places for excellent photo opportunities there, it
is hard to start, but just off own list of favorite places in the
peninsula, in no particular order:

- Stanford U
- The road from Palo Alto to Half Moon Bay
- The cliffs on California Route 1
- Golden Gate park
- Golden Gate bridge
- The Presidio, on the north side of the Golden Gate
- Berkeley!
- The road from Berkeley to Lawrence Livermore lab (great spot for sunsets)
- Downtown San Francisco, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf....
- Alcatraz prison island

so much to see....