[OM] advice needed on e*ay 50/3.5 macro purchase

Subject: [OM] advice needed on e*ay 50/3.5 macro purchase
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:38:36 -0800 (PST)
I just received a recent e*bay purchase in the mail today.  Upon close
inspection, the Zuiko 50/3.5 macro's (MC serial #160628) outside
cosmetics are like new, aperture works perfectly as well as the
focusing ring.  The front element is clear with no scratches though the
rear element has a few very minor, very small and light scratches.
What I'm a bit more concerned about is what appears to be a starfish
like pattern on the inside of the rear element.  There are 5 spokes
that extend from near center of the element outwards toward the edge
that look like very light scuffs.  They are not really noticable unless
observed under a bright light source.  Does anyone know what these
marks could be?  Is it something I should be concerned about or will
they most likely not cause any problems in a photo?  I only payed $71
USD for it so it's not that big of a deal if it's serious... I could
always try returning it.

Richard

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com