[OM] Re: Q: questions cosidering some problems with purchased Winder 2

Subject: [OM] Re: Q: questions cosidering some problems with purchased Winder 2
From: Matti Puhakka <matti.puhakka@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:49:40 +0200 (EET)
>From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [OM] Re: Q: questions cosidering some problems with purchased Winder 2
>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:36:33 -0600
>

>The only "common" problems with the winders are bent battery trays
>from
>leaving batteries in them too long, corrosion on the battery contacts of the
>tray (again, from leaving batteries in them too long), and failure of a
>rubber ring that transfers the rotation of one gear to another -- over time,
>these rings dissolve, with the result that after firing the camera, the
>motor will spin freely, sometimes for only a brief moment, sometimes several
>seconds or more.
>
>With true battery drain, i.e., batteries going dead just sitting in the
>winder, I would first suspect corrosion due to liquid damage of some sort.
>Check closely on the plate above the battery tray's chamber as well as the
>screws that hold it for rust.

Hi,
Thanks for all the answers considering my winder problem. There WAS, as
suspected,  some "corrosion" in the battery case. After cleaning it, and using
fresh batteries, it started working ok - good speed, and better sound. I do not
know yet, if it holds the power longer now, or if it still drains the
batteries... but I don't think its too big problem: I'll keep the batteries
away from it anyway, when not using it.

.matti
tampere, finland.