[OM] (OM) Some thoughts on the Solstice exchanges

Subject: [OM] (OM) Some thoughts on the Solstice exchanges
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 14:01:43 +1300
Hi all,

One or two people said they thought that shots had to be taken especially
for the Exchange.

My understanding from previous exchanges, and I stand to be corrected if
necessary, is that any shot we have made and which we especially like,
may be used.

And I personally like this format.

The major Gallery we create is TOPE, and images for that should fit an
assigned topic. It has already been decided that old topics will not be
repeated.

This makes the exchanges one special place for lots of subjects.

For example, many of us like to shoot landscapes of one form or other. But
we have already had our TOPE landscape exhibition, and "Landscapes" is
not to be repeated. The same could be said for other categories.

The exchanges provide a valuable forum to enable the showing of shots of
any topic of our choosing, that we are especially proud of and wish to share.

My 2 cents

Brian