[OM] Re: Olympus viewer 1.2

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus viewer 1.2
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 06:21:18 +0000
Peter

I suppose that that's my point:  you don't need the Olympus software to
get at the image files on your CF card, so you can go for the best
software available.  On the Mac, iPhoto does an excellent job of
sorting image files from any camera (well, I have tried it with my G5
...) but it does some strange things to use up a fair amount of disk
space.  But Graphic Converter (www.lemkesoft.com) does a wonderful job
of just showing you what's going on, combined with one of the most
comprehensive image working programmes around; and it's shareware!

I used Viewer yesterday and it was very frustrating, so I switched to
Graphic Coverter to do the downloading and deleting or filing.  It is
quite a bit faster than Viewer and it works with RAW files (although
you might be right about the complete compatibility).  Then I used PS
to do what I wanted with the images.  I might delete Viewer in the
interests of KISS ;-)

Chris