[OM] Request for Info

Subject: [OM] Request for Info
From: Robert McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 16:06:25 -0500
  I have been using Olympus cameras since I purchased my first OM1 md
back in the summer of 1976. Over the past few years my time with
photography has been quite sporadic and I have only in the past year or
2 started to get up to speed again. As part of that I purchased my
first auto Olympus this past spring. It was an OM 40 and so far its
served me quite well. It is very clean, had been recently CLR'd and
cost me $125.00CDN (approx $95USD). I would appreciate hearing any
comments, criticisms or advice regarding this camera.
As a second request would someone be able to tell me when the OM series
increased the meter range to ASA 3200 from the ASA 1600 that is on my
OM1. When did the series switch from the old mercury batteries fro
power?
Many thanks

RT McFetridge
Ottawa, Canada