[OM] OT: need help with SM card

Subject: [OM] OT: need help with SM card
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 23:24:03 EST
Season's Greetings to all.

I've got a problem that I hope one of our computer or digital imaging gurus
can help me with. I took several family photos with my D-40 (Oly content) over
 the last couple of days, reviewed them in the camera, and all seemed well.
When  I inserted the card into the card reader that was inserted in the PC card
slot  in my laptop and looked at the card in Windows Explorer, I got a
message that  the card needed to be formatted and could not view the card's
contents. When I  reinserted the card in the camera, I again got a message that
it
needed to be  formatted and could not see the images on it. Is there some way,
some program,  that I can use to extract the files from the card?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've got some family pics on there
that I'd really like to save.

TIA,
Greg