[OM] Re: OT Rant, was OT Online security etc

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Rant, was OT Online security etc
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:23:08 +0000
Yes, yes Moose, you can gloat ;-)  Why do you think I told the List at
large instead of making discreet enquiries of those I know have Macs?
I knew I was going to be someone's straight guy :-)))

But it appears that it was a FAT32 "contamination" of the original
format, and that my G4 has an old Boot-ROM.  Iwert solved the problem
by providing me with the wherewithal to carry out a low-level format of
the the drive in OS9 , partition it and now it sits quite happily on my
OSX toolbar.  Thanks Iwert; I was not a very sociable husband or father
while that little faff was going on ....

May you be happy with your system for years to come :-)

Now, let's say a prayer (or 10) for all those families who have lost
their homes, their families or both.  And, indeed, for the Mums and
Dads at home whose kids are backpacking around all those beautiful but
ill-fated countries around the Indian Ocean.

Chris