[OM] Re: (OM) OT Online security etc

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT Online security etc
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:01:05 +1100

On 28/12/2004, at 7:07 PM, Bernard Frangoulis wrote:
> Sorry, couldn't resist... Why is it that the Mac is not even
> considered?
> Stable.
> No virus (I have not encountered a single one for years).
> Scanners just work.
> Much more usable than Linux.

We try not to mention it because people get so upset.
There was a virus problem once - wdef. You killed it by holding down a
coupla keys on startup. Not everything just works - sometimes I have to
read the manual or ask a friend. Damn.
Costs more, but that's the price of not having to worry or learn stuff
I don't want to have to.
My experiences with MS and XP and stuff at work lead me to conclude
that either there is a worldwide conspiracy to cripple progress or,
more likely, most people are masochists.
Ninety percent of people use MS based PC's, but then, that's about the
percentage that use Nikon/Canon hey?
Now just watch someone point out that OSX is Unix based. So what - it's
invisible.
AndrewF
Twenty years, eight Macs. They come with air and a radio and wheels and
everything!