[OM] Re: OM-4 continuous tone?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 continuous tone?
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:32:54 -0600
Could be just weak batteries, loose battery cover, loose bottom cover
screws, or poor contact between any of the above.  Try new batteries, work
the battery covers back and forth a while to be sure the threads are clean,
clean the inside of the battery cover (don't scratch!), remove the bottom
cover and polish off the paint around the screw holes on the inside (again,
don't scratch, polish!), and replace the bottom cover, being sure to snug
the screws well.  Then check again.

If that isn't it, it's ill.  Loose ground screws on the main circuit, cold
solder joint(s), maybe main circuit failure, who knows....