[OM] Re: Here we go again [e*ay rant]

Subject: [OM] Re: Here we go again [e*ay rant]
From: b k <brtlmj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 06:41:25 -0800 (PST)
--- Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> that big of a problem like a tidal wave crashing
> into your backyard,
> just an annoyance I rather not deal with any longer.
>  So, no more e*ay
> purchases of used Zuiko lenses for me. :)

I am getting to the conclusion that when buying
anything on e*ay it is best to choose equipment with
known flaws. Its description is usually honest, and
you are likely to get a good price.

I bought a 28/2.8 "pre-scratched" lens. If I had not
known in advance that the scratch would be there, I
probably would not have noticed. I paid about $30, I
believe.

Another example - OM-2 body with faulty meter. Took me
two hours to repair it. The cost ? About $20.

On the other hand, buying anything "in working order"
is a gamble. And if it just "appears to be working",
it should raise a huge warning flag.

Bartek.

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com