[OM] C-8080 Battery Charging

Subject: [OM] C-8080 Battery Charging
From: John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:01:44 +1100
G'day Zuiks,

Having just received my new toy from B&H via a visiting ex-pat daughter
However that wonderful company has substituted a 'Power2000 Turbo
Charger' instead of the extra BLM1 battery I ordered. But as the charger
is relatively cheap and the return postage from Sydney expensive I
decided to keep it. The charging time for this device (which is
certainly for the BLM1 battery) is about 2 hours as against the 5 hours
for the charger which comes with the camera. Is there a downside in
using this faster charger as in shorter battery life? I know that the
list has some very battery-knowledgable people and would really
appreciate some advice.

In addition, please let me wish all members a wonderful 2005.

John,
Sydney, Oz.