[OM] Re: Home made bouce diffuser for T-32

Subject: [OM] Re: Home made bouce diffuser for T-32
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:41:25 -0600
Greetings Chuck,
        I have devised and improvised a number of flash diffusers for both
the T32 and T20 flashes. Unfortunately I have no photos of them to share,
nor have I made them a permanent fixture on the flash. Most of them have
centered on cutouts made from 1 gallon plastic milk jugs. Most have simply
consisted of an appropriate sized hole cut in the jug, and then hung over
the flash. This works best when using the flash off camera and set up on a
tripod. Other times I have cut an elongated diamond shape and taping the
acute angle corners to the top and bottom of the flash, with the central
portion of the plastic curling around the front. Not very elegant, but it's
cheap and works. I don't think you need to worry about covering up the "O"
light sensor unless you are using the flash in "Normal Auto". In manual mode
the flash doesn't use it and in full auto TTL/OTF the camera does all the
metering and controls the flash. Being the lazy person that I am, I let the
camera do the work.

Charlie