[OM] Re: tamron 80 - 200 LD F 2.8 reasonable price?

Subject: [OM] Re: tamron 80 - 200 LD F 2.8 reasonable price?
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:21:36 -0000 (GMT)
> James:
> Yep, I saw that and thought it was a good price, compared to those at
> KEH and in other Ebay listings (there are 3 at the moment). Would be
> interested to hear your impression of the lens (and its condition) when
> you receive it.  As a Canadian, I do look at Henry's offerings from time
> to time. Usually, there is not much information on the Ebay listing and
> the prices are on the high side. Never bought from them.

lens arrived.
got stung for 35 pounds in vat and handling charge - but thats not henry's
fault.

Sorry, don't want to make you envious... The lens is in *very* good
condition, *slight* paint wear on appature ring and on bayonet for lens
hood otherwise prefect. Includes instruction manual, warantee card, case
with strap, even the tamron plastic bag around the lens, original caps
etc. Everything tamron originally supplied hood and tripod mount are fine.
Glass perfect. Tiny amount of internal dust but nothing to worry about.
Rear element had several finger prints on it but I bet that was the
customs people. Cleaned the finger prints off no problem at all. I can't
wait to use it.

Lens is hand holdable with one hand near the front element or with a
little moer strength one hand holding the tripod mount. In either case the
other hand is on the camera. The view finder image is crisp and bright and
is *very* easy to focus even when pointing it out of my bedroom across the
road in the evening. Minimum focus is 1.5 meters which is not bad. Tripod
mount is easy to remove and seems strong. The lens does not grow longer
when you zoom but does grow a little longer when you focus on close
objects. Its a one touch zoom with a large focusing ring. unusually
pushing the ring away from the camera decreases the zoom! which will take
a little getting used to. Weight is around 1.4Kg with tripod mount and
hood. The lens hood can be reversed and stored over the lens and you are
still able to focus and zoom. Basically after paying almost 200 pounds
including postage and vat etc I am happy.

Regards
James

next year (2005) I will save up for a 35mm shift and possibly a 24mm shift..