[OM] Re: Inexpensive do-it-yourself framing - a few more choices

Subject: [OM] Re: Inexpensive do-it-yourself framing - a few more choices
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 21:54:24 EST

In a message dated 12/30/2004 2:32:59 PM Central Standard Time,
tabbycl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Does  anyone have recommendations for a source of inexpensie framing
materials to  make my own oddd size frames and mats?

I've used lightinspressions and also like American Frame
(_www.americanframe.com_ (http://www.americanframe.com) ) which I think may
have a bit larger
selection.  either gives great service.  Another one  I've used for a wide
variety of Nielsen-Bainbrige, Artcare pre-cut mat and  mat/frame combinations
is
_www.iconusa.com_ (http://www.iconusa.com) .  Good service and reasonable
pricing.

Locally if you have an Aaron Brothers frame shop, signing up for their  email
will get you some emailed coupons periodically that save you 25 to 50% on
there framing.  They are currently having a 1 cent sale (not much of the  stuff
I usually buy is on sale, but it is when the discount coupons are emailed.
_www.aaronbrothers.com_ (http://www.aaronbrothers.com)  is their web  address.

I have a great mat cutter and enjoy being able to cut that odd sized  matt.
The convience of having someone elese do it for you is also pretty  nice.  *8
ply is my mat of choice and it isn't always easy to get someone  who will do
it.  Bill Barber