[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 20:27:34 -0800
> From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Apple is... leveraging the massive Unix-world development effort for
> its core PC business.

And speaking as a professional programmer with 20 years of Unix
experience, it is the sweetest Unix I've ever used!

True 64 bit processing is coming next quarter with Tiger (MacOS X 1.4).
Adobe will probably take a year to adapt, but I'm drooling about
re-compiling some of my Unix image processing software... might be the
time to jump from Photoshop to Gimp. Photoshop groans under my 10x12
drum scans, which are 1.5 GB each!

:::: Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting
different results
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AU22>