[OM] Re: Questions about a serial #

Subject: [OM] Re: Questions about a serial #
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:01:27 -0800
Keep in mind that sales dates for cameras will not correspond in any
real way to manufacture date due to distribution and sales variations.
There is no way of knowing how long a particular camera sat on a
distributor and/or retailer's shelf before actual sale. On used gear it
is even more confusing since it is very easy to switch base plates. (My
orginal OM-1 has an OM-2 base plate for example.

Jim Couch