[OM] Re: [photos] Winter Woods

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] Winter Woods
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 07:39:29 +0000
Beautiful Richard!

You manage a 2-hour walk in the woods eh?  Around here the woods are so
scarce you could almost walk for 2 hours without finding one.  This is
not strictly true, but so much land is under cultivation to gain
subsidies or "set aside" for subsidies to reduce over-production of one
foodstuff or another that we have little land still under woods.  Where
there are woods, of course, is beautiful.  There's one of around 10
acres (a guess on my part, it takes around 20 minutes to walk along a
path from one side to another) about a mile away from my home, and
another a mile further on.  Both are run by the Woodland Trust ...

2 hours eh? ;-)

Chris

On 31 Dec 2004, at 23:25, Richard Lovison wrote:

> Here are a couple of shots taken on a 2 hour hike into the woods where
> I followed a stream that feeds Shaw Pond.
>
> http://people.simons-rock.edu/rlovison/temp/WinterWoods.html

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.