[OM] Re: C-8080 Battery Charging

Subject: [OM] Re: C-8080 Battery Charging
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 08:58:45 -0000
Tim Hughes wrote:
> A little known fact is that the [Li-ion] cells do better
> if stored partially discharged rather than fully charged.
> So if you are not going to use them for a while don't
> fully charge them before storing them.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but as I had a scientific education I
feel compelled to ask (and yes, I really DO want to know the answer):

If a rechargeable cell has any amount of self discharge, a fully-charged
cell will all by itself become a partially-charged cell when stored.  So if
it is better to store cells partially charged, one could store them fully
charged and simply let nature take its course.

Or are you saying that lithium-ion cells have zero self discharge (which
might be true for all I know)?

-- from Cy in the UK