[OM] Re: [OT] Is The Mac Dead?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The Mac Dead?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 09:54:28 +0000
Luttwak's Paradox of Strategy: if you get ahead, it is easy to start
losing: your organisation becomes too large for the decision-making
process to reflect your strategy; your lines of communication become
stretched and the enemy can take you from behind, so to speak; your
quality control loses its edge etc ...  I might have mis-quoted Edvard
Luttwak, but the principles remain: it is difficult to be a large
organisation and remain effective or true to your principles when once
you were small.

No, I am not saying that MS is losing, but it is certainly not
maintaining many of the principles that got Mr Gates to the top in the
first place; it is economies of scale and the power of that scale that
keep MS at the top.

Chris