[OM] Re: On the road again

Subject: [OM] Re: On the road again
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:20:23 EST

In a message dated 1/1/2005 10:06:31 AM Central Standard Time,
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I'm one  of those perfectionist
types that dislikes his own work.  I've got  only TWO photographs
that I've taken in my entire life that I continue to  really
like. Everything else I tire of  eventually.

AG

Well, let me start with the obvious.  Your work is really good!   At some
level you know that.  Maybe this year will be the year you can  tell yourself
that.  You know, own it as your truth about you and your  work.

Now for the part which keeps us from having to give you the "mirror test"  to
see if you are still alive.  Your "tiring" of most of your work over  time is
simply an affirmation that you are continuing to grow and change.   Hmmm,
seems like that is when life is most exciting, as that is certainly when  you
are
living it most fully.  If any of us ever get to the point where we  are
absolutely happy with every image and know that we will never do anything  any
better, I say we have stopped living and are just waiting for the box.

So on that happy thought, I think I'll go out and capture some images I
really like and of which I can grow tired.  It is going to be a great  year.
Bill Barber