[OM] Zuiko 8mm: how to get to the filters?

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 8mm: how to get to the filters?
From: iwert <iwert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:00:10 +0100
Hello all,

I need some advice on the Zuiko 8mm fisheye.

Mine has a lot of dust and other particles on the internal filters.
Looking at the exploded view at:

http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/PDFs/8mm_f2.8.pdf

I think the only way to get to the filters is dissasembly of the lens from
the front.

I can take of the retaining ring of the big front element, but it feels like
the holder for this element (quite a large piece of aluminium) is glued
tight! I have to put that much force to it that I don't feel confident
anymore. It just won't move at all! I'v tried with a (large!) spanner, but
it is difficult to put force on it, and it bent slightly already under my
force. I tried with rubber gloves and both my hands without any movement...

Are there some experienced with this lens on the list? Was there a special
tool made for this by Olympus?

Thanks in advance,

Iwert.