[OM] Re: USA post!

Subject: [OM] Re: USA post!
From: Ali Shah <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 19:45:32 -0500
Yes this is quite usual. I found out from my local Post Office that even
packages shipped via "signature confirmation" may not be actually signed
by the recipient....I guess it all depends on the mail carrier and
his/her choice to follow through or not. Packages shipped via "delivery
confirmation" do not require any type of signature. If you are
seller....not getting a signature confirmation can be risky. I found
this out a few years ago..when a dastardly buyer screwed me out of
funds.....even tho I shipped the item....UPS simply dropped the item at
the front door and without a signature I lost the Payp*l complaint. So
from now I only ship to "confirmed" paypal addresses and if I suspect
foul play....I send the item via UPS "adult signature required", which
forces a signature.

You are lucky that you even received proper delivery info....sometimes
the USPS site is not updated with delivery info. For that matter..often
times the only you might get is the time and date the item was dropped
at the PO for shipment.

Our postal system is awesome.....I have had letters and packages travel
to other countries but end up at my house eventually...but its not
PERFECT! Makes you wonder when they raise the price of the
stamp....where is the $$ going to!! 8-))

- Ali