[OM] Re: USA post!

Subject: [OM] Re: USA post!
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 20:28:04 EST
Unfortunately, Yes, this happens all the time, and "everyone" does it. But
they take a risk, as I've heard of 1 or 2 UPS delivery drivers having been
fired
for leaving things that required signatures and just signing the electronic
form themselves.

I've told the story before about how I inadvertantly got my UPS delivery
woman investigated and reprimanded by the company because she thought she'd do
me
a favor and leave me a package (OM contents for sure) on a shelf in my garage
on a rainy day. Only problem was, she never told me she did this and I later
started a trace thru UPS of the "missing" package. The package was exposed to
weather and temperature changes that I'd never wanted to put it thru during the
7 to 10 days it sat out there. I still felt badly about the situation, since
she also happened to be the wife of a close co-worker of mine from my job and
she was nearly fired.

George S.