[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:45:53 -0800
> From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The vast majority of Apple customers don't care what's in the box,
> they care
> about the user interface and the "cute" styling.

And you know this from your vast personal experience with the Mac and
intense interaction with its users?

Didn't think so!

Please hang out on some Mac websites before putting words in the mouths
of people you know nothing about.

> The only way the hardware will become an issue is if Apple
> [will] do something which really can't be done by an Intel
> platform, eg really small and powerful, cool, quiet, whatever.

Ah, you don't follow the popular computer press, either. Like the issue
of PC Magazine that named the PowerMac G5 dual "Computer of the Year"
and said, "This is what we have to look forward to from Intel and
Microsoft in the next few years."

It's okay to have beliefs and biases -- just refrain from presenting
them as if they were well-researched facts.

And by the way, I don't care what computer you use. Please extend me
the same respect.

:::: We got the best politicians in this country that money can buy. --
Will Rogers
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99AA34>