[OM] Re: )OM( Grand Canyon shots

Subject: [OM] Re: )OM( Grand Canyon shots
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 07:45:44 -0800 (PST)
> I don't often get vertigo, but that shot of AG's of sunlight
> on the rock, and the
> dead tree almost had me feeling giddy with height.

You DON'T want to know how close to the edge I was to get that
shot!  Fortunately the precipitice was slightly less precipiticy
there.

> Great shot; magnifying it reveals one irritating aspect of
> digital shots
> (irritating for analogue shooters). The pixelation is tiny,
> and things that need
> a sharp margin HAVE a sharp margin. They are not surrounded
> with a "grey"
> zone of in-between colours, so typical of the results from
> scanners.

Not sure what exactly you're referring to.  The image was
resized for web-display.  There was also a bunch of other
processing done inbetween the time I pressed the shutter and
placed it on the website.  I might do a write-up on it,
actually.

AG

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com