[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: John Wheeler <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:00:44 +1100
Back in '84 I joined a DEC reseller when I sold my twenty year old
engineering company.  I'd been an Apple II+ enthusiast at the time and
remember waxing lyrical on its virtues to the company's co-owner and
Sales Manager. "Apple will be dead withing six months!", he'd said. I
still see him every five or so years and take great delight on reminding
him of his forecast.

In Oz the number of low end Macs seem to be proliferating and their
prices falling. As well, there are a number of Apple resellers setting
up in the larger shopping malls and they always seem to be well
patronised. Qhite frankly, I reckon they're a bloody good machine and
will seriously consider one when my new C-8080 is finally paid for. Now,
speaking of nice gear...

John,
Sydney, Oz.

Winsor Crosby wrote:

>Trashing the Mac with some sort of poorly thought out prediction is
>just a technique Dvorak uses to keep the traffic up at the web site.
>Wish I had a hundred bucks for every prediction of Apple's demise since
>1984. I would be as rich as Bill Gates. Or Steve Jobs.
>
>Winsor
>

> <>Long Beach, California, USA
> On Dec 30, 2004, at 8:13 PM, James N. McBride wrote:

John Dvorak paints a gloomy picture for the MAC. Not all agree with his
opinions but here is a tale of woe he paints for all the MAC lovers.