[OM] Re: Never Used

Subject: [OM] Re: Never Used
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:22:28 -0000
Andrew McPhee wrote:

>> Congratulations to Zuiko7 (I believe a list member) who just won a
>> never used/new in box OM1 eBay #3863054101.
>
> Lucky person, I'm jealous!  There can't be many genuine "mint"
examples
> like that left...

There's something very fishy about it.

The vendor says "I purchased the camera in 1987 (new, we can assume,
since he says it's never been used -- how else could he know if he
didn't buy it new?).
Yet the OM-1 was only made until 1979. And I suspect the vast majority
post-74 were MD versions (which this isn't).
So there's at least 8 years of this camera's life that aren't accounted
for, and it may well be as many as 13 years.

Hmmmmmm.......

Simon