[OM] Re: Vivitar 550FD M/P/O discussion

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar 550FD M/P/O discussion
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 08:22:38 -0400

> As mentioned on this thread, measuring the high voltages is often
inaccurate because of voltmeter loading. A flash like the 611 has sync pin
charge resistor in excess of 1MOhm, giving rise to quite bit more han 10%
error with a typical digital voltmeter and much more with  an analog meter.

> Regards,
>
> Tim Hughes

My voltmeter is just an analog meter, so it sounds like I may as well keep
it just for testing house circuits then .

One odd thing though, when testing an Acheiver 632T flash that I have, it
fires the flash every time. Any idea what's going on with that?
Wayne