[OM] Re: Zuiko 8mm: how to get to the filters?

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 8mm: how to get to the filters?
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:03:14 -0600
I've only worked on a few of these, and those many years ago, so my
recollections are a bit hazy.  But the parts page seems to show that once
the front retaining ring has been removed (and the front element), the frame
containing the front lens group,  CA190200, should unscrew from the front
body, CA248600.  Alas, because of the location of the threads, there's no
way I can see to administer solvent to loosen any adhesive between the two.
But there appear to be notches on the front edges of the front lens group
frame, and there may also be spanner holes closer in, behind the front lens
element.

Note that the front body with the serial number, etc., on it does NOT
unscrew -- it's attached to the rear body by screws.  The front lens group
frame screws _into_ the front body.  In other words, if you're trying to
turn the whole front of the lens, it won't work.

You might also try removing the flange (CA193000) over the ring that holds
the filters (CA192400) -- that might let you blast some air into the opening
in the side of the body and stir around any debris on the filters.