[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:09:49 +1100
Adelaide style pie floater - meat pie (with tomato ketchup) floating in
thick pea soup.
I suppose they'll be serving kangaroo, emu and croc. Roo is good (like
low fat lamb), emu is a bit strong except in sausages (snags aka
mystery bags) and croc is OK but not really worth the bother.
There isn't really an Aus. cuisine, just Aus. ingredients, frequently
barbecued.  'Bush tucker' is a term used for native foods and some are
interesting, esp. the flavour of bush pepper.
Mostly, we eat Italian and Chinese, like everyone else.
Except for the pies, of course.
AndrewF