[OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Is The MAC Dead
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 19:15:38 -0800
> From: Ali Shah <farali@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> OOhhhh...I though Billy Gates invested in Apple several years ago??!?!
> That infusion of Ca$h must have helped no doubt!!

It was more a dispute settlement, or perhaps even extortion.

Apple dropped several lawsuits in exchange for a Microsoft "investment"
of $150 million in a special issue of non-voting stock, and a promise
to continue producing Mac software for a certain period. That period
has recently passed, and Microsoft promptly dropped several
non-performers, such as Internut Exploder, which had single-digit share
among Mac users.

:::: Getting a personal computer is sorta like getting married so
you'll have someone to help you with all the problems you never would
have had if you had never gotten married in the first place.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/794637>