[OM] Re: Eberyday camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Eberyday camera
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:14:29 -0500
From: "Moose" <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Tom Scales wrote:
>
>>Yep.  I have a Pentax S4i, 4mp digital.  Fits in an Altoid tin.  Some
>>compromises, but so darn small.
>>
> Hi Tom,
>
> So what do you think of it? I've been sort of thinking about an upgrade
> from the Canon S110. It's really a good camera in many ways, but the
> focus/shutter lag is a regular problem with grandkids. I've been looking
> at the S4i or S5i and understand they have very responsive shutters and
> fast focus.
>
> Moose

Well, I like it. If you read some of the forums, there are complaints of
soft focus, but I have not found that to be true. It's just a 'snapshot'
camera, so I think the expectations may just be too high.  I admit I'd like
to upgrade to the s5i, but can't find a rational reason to do so.

The only thing I miss is RAW.

Tom