[OM] Re: [OT] Computers and stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Computers and stuff
From: "DICK LAGUE" <rlague@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 06:52:31 -0800
Go for XP Pro.  You won't believe the difference.  I don't know where to
start.  Hardware just configures itself. Networks and broadband are easy
to handle....USB 2 is awesome.  The file system is new and very robust.
And it is just so stable.  I would be sure to install service pack 2
just to keep the virus stuff away.

We use it for video editing and ironically the Avid software that we use
works better on XP than OSX.  A lot of it has been the developers trying
to keep up with Apple changes to the OS.

Bottom line is that XP is excellent, very stable and very capable.

Dick