[OM] Re: (OM) OT Weather and suchlike

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM) OT Weather and suchlike
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:10:26 -0200
Perhaps I didn't spell it right (stand fast, two different words as in
Merriam Webster's); or perhaps I didn't caught its true meaning.
My apologies in either case.
I would really like to understand the joke, or the more colloquial use of
the term in question.
I learnt it only some 4 years ago when reading the 'Freedom Part One' lyrics
which Brian Priestley included in his Mingus biography:

[snipped]

"Stand still, old mule/Soothe in contemplation
Thy burning whole/And aching thigh.
That your stubbornness/Is of the living,
And cruel anxiety/Has begun to die.

Stand fast,/Young old mule,/Stand fast."

Thanks in advance,

Fernando.