[OM] Re: [OT] E*son 2200

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E*son 2200
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:11:43 -0800
I have a 2200 and it makes stunning prints and has been reliable even
with my intermittent use of it. It might sit months with no use and
then get several days of hard use. No clogging problems that the head
cleaning cycle would not clear. I am on a Yahoo printing list and
people there have occasional more stubborn problems with clogging. I
think it is almost always because they are using third party inks
though.

I think it may be overkill to get a 2200 to make small prints though.
And people do have chronic problems with getting even margins and bleed
prints with the 2200. That might be a consideration for someone making
small prints for hand holding. I would get the R800 which has Epson's
latest printing technology and which has gotten rave reviews in the
magazines I see. It is the next generation after the 2200.  I don't
think you would have the problems with it that your C80 had since it is
much higher in their range.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA