[OM] Re: [OT] E*son 2200

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] E*son 2200
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:16:53 +0000
Trying to reply to everything at one time:

I have made a few 11"x16" prints on the Epson 2200 from Epson Perfection 3200
scans of 35mm trannies and negatives that were very, very good.  But the scans
of 6x9cm trannies from the 3200 printed with the 2200 were a lot better.

Scans of 35mm trannies and negatives made with the Minolta 5400 printed on the
2200 are definitely way more better and are almost -- not quite, but almost --
as good as the 6x9cm scans from the 3200, which makes me wish I could afford
the big Minolta 6x9 scanner.  That should make an eye-popping combination, and
that may be my next purchase instead of a DSLR something or 'nother.

My 2200 has gone unused for a month or more a few times with no clogging
problems.

And finally, maybe I've just been lucky, but I've been getting very good B&W
prints using the Epson Premium Luster paper.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --