[OM] Re: OT print mounting

Subject: [OM] Re: OT print mounting
From: Richard Lovison <sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:20:10 -0800 (PST)
My apologies Bill.  I read your first response too fast and
misunderstood what you wrote.  I thought you were describing one
method... using corners to hold the print in place and hinging the
cover mat to the back mat which is a method I used in the past for a
portfolio.  I wasn't aware of the method of hinge mounting the print (I
just now dug up an explanation for it on the web).  You never had
problems with a print warping under glass using this method?  Hmmm, I
might give it a try, even though I don't feel my prints qualify as
"fine art". :)

Richard

--- NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/5/2005 12:29:33 PM Central Standard Time,
> sylv4700@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> I've  used this method in the past for some things though I was
> looking for a  more permanent mount that would be used in framing and
> would prevent any  waves in the print.
>

> I've never had problems with waves with a hinge mount, which I think
> is probably the mount of choice for most "fine art" prints.  It also
> minimizes potential damage to the print.  This may get some
> disagreement from the  list, but what the heck at least it isn't
SUVs, > guns, religion or politics.

http://my.yahoo.com