[OM] Re: 8 MP Champ

Subject: [OM] Re: 8 MP Champ
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:02:03 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>Not at all. I realize that punctuation and usage is a particular
>interest of yours.
>
>I am less picky with web sites which are essentially do-it-yourself
>projects by individuals. What irritates me is to see the same thing in
>newspapers

Someone with a byline creidt as "Book Editor" recently split an
infinitive right up in the beginning of his article. Standards are
certainly slipping, but I could still clearly understand what he was
saying. So the question arises in my mind whether some strict usage
rules serve any purpose other than rigidity. I do not refer, of course
to the proper use of punctuation ala "Eats Shoots and Leaves" to clarify
the relationships between ante and post-cedent refferences.

Moose