[OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:57:32 +0000
On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:11:21 -0000, "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>To be honest, I was fairly shocked at the prospect of having to change
>the focussing screen to permit manual focussing. The concept that
>(effectively) there *is* no manual focussing would completely rule out
>any such camera for me. That makes it nothing more than a snapshot
>camera, not a serious photographer's camera. I'm actually quite shocked
>at this revelation.

The first (and only) camera that I've owned with auto focus is my
E-10. All the others (several OM's and a Bronica ETRS) have manual
focus and I prefer plain screens so much that I've fitted them in the
OM's and Bronica.

To my surprise, I've found the auto focus far more accurate and
dependable than I imagined and has largely overcome my prejudice.

Gosh, I might go for an automatic car next ;-)

Regards

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)