[OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Canon EOS 300D (OT, in case it wasn't obvious!)
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:29:43 -0000
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>> 'cos with ageing eyes like mine, a split image finder would be a VERY
>> great help when using manual lenses like OM Zuikos. We're talking
about
>> a very small finder and what looks sharp on the screen afterwards
often
>> is not. And standing there chimping to check focus at 100% size is
>> bloody useless unless you're doing landscapes or macro.
>> If a split image screen was available at a reasonable cost, I'd fit
one
>> tomorrow. Early high level EOS bodies had them available. Using the
>> Zuik 18mm on a 10D I've had a significant number of focus failures -
>> that's why I succumbed and got the Canon 17-40mm.
>
> Of course the adaptor is just to get you committed. Next you buy
> autofocus lenses.

But what if you actually *want* to focus manually? Surely people on this
list will understand when I say I actively enjoy focussing manually, and
when I get the images back which are razor-sharp when projected to 6' x
4', and I can say proudly "I focussed that perfectly"?

Like double-declutching on a car with no synchromesh. A perfect
gearchange gives you a really warm glow all-over!

Simon