[OM] Re: Coverage angle of T-32, was:

Subject: [OM] Re: Coverage angle of T-32, was:
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2005 11:49:13 -0200
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I can only speak about the T-32.
When I tested light fall off using a 28/2.8, it was very noticeable at about
10 meters (30 feet) @ f2.8 using E 64 film (manual flash, fresh AA
batteries, carefully measured distances, 50/1.4 @ 2.8 control) - perhaps
more than half stop.
In fact I was trying to figure out the light fall off of the zuiko and
didn't take into account the light fall off of the T-32.
This resulted in my avoidance of using the 28/2.8 wide open, and felt
suspicious about its not being a true f2.8 at full aperture.
I still doubt this must I confess.
Furthermore, this question left me wondering about T stops and f stops when
using flash.
Certainly, light fall off does not exist at f 4, 5.6 or 8 shooting at
shorter distances (1 to 5 meters roughly)
I wonder if when doing my light fall off test (this was 1982, and I sent the
original slides to Tokyo for an answer !!) I summed the t-32 light fall off
plus 28/2.8 light fall off at full aperture.

Chuck: I'm about to find a custom solution for a C bracket using a PBG2 and
a T-20 conn or any cold shoe with female screw. When accomplished I will
post if it is possible. I wish the external power socket of the PBG2 would
be a power output socket !!, but it's OK anyway.
BTW, I found you posted a question on the Architecture TOPE event, on a
white object on the blue area. Did you ever receive an answer ?

Best wishes,

Fernando.