[OM] Re: Right OM-4 current resistances?

Subject: [OM] Re: Right OM-4 current resistances?
From: Borut Bajzelj <borutbajzelj@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 15:14:13 -0800 (PST)
While waiting for some answer on my questions from somebody I have done
the following:

- read the OM-4 Repair Manual on olympus.dementia site - thanks to Mark Dapoz,
  and found that circuit tester should read across camera body and (-) terminal
about
  0 Ohm resistance and at least 2.90 power supply voltage

- bought a Silverline Precision Screwdriver Set Combination Set, 11 pcs for $ 3
!

- and thanks to suggestions from John Hermanson, PhotoSphere, and Moose
  tightened the two bottom middle screws (others were OK) and without removing
  the bottom plate got the requested values across

  Now my OM-4 works like a new one.
  By the way I found out that the battery check stops in less then one minute
time,
  so I can assume then the circuit is of a newer one version.

 Thank you again for your support,
 Borut

Borut Bajzelj <borutbajzelj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
Does anybody know what are the right OM-4 current resistances measured in
battery compartment (without batteries, of course) for different functions
(like manual, auto, batt. check, red settings, etc).
I got by my opinion very high different values, all in Mega Ohms. So, my
problem is obviously not too much drain but too much resistance in the system.
Where is beside the battery compartment next point to check and make
measurements?
Thanks, Borut

The all-new My Yahoo! ? Get yours free!

http://mail.yahoo.com