[OM] Re: The (well almost) definitive word on T-32 coverage // now: 28/2

Subject: [OM] Re: The (well almost) definitive word on T-32 coverage // now: 28/2.8
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 01:01:37 -0200
Twenty years ago, I figured out this extreme test to measure how fast the
28/2.8 really was. I was not fully aware of the possible light falloff of
the T-32.

The story began when I observed that when I opened the 28/2.8 one stop from
22 to 4, speed moved up one stop faster (or in manual clicking the speed
ring towards faster speeds to keep the needle of my OM-2 centered) -
*except* when opening up from f4 to f2.8.
In that full stop opening, meter showed only a half stop rise. Yes, no
matter how much troubleshooting I did.
Now I have another OM-2n, and the 28/2.8 behaves the same. It behaves like
this since I bought it new. Does anyone have the same experience? What about
the 24/2.8?
This can't be explained by light falloff at full aperture... and I didn't
notice anything wrong in it.
Perhaps I should examine it again, don't know. Suggestions?

Thanks Chuck for your wise test and conclusions.

Fernando.