[OM] Re: India photos

Subject: [OM] Re: India photos
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 23:08:39 -0800
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 00:48:55 -0600 (Central Standard Time), Natalia
<lilredspy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Finally had time to sit down and look through the photos. Awesome! I
> lived
> in India for 2 year when I was 8-10 (my Dad work got me there)...And
> viewing
> the photos brought some good memories back. Question: how did you meter
> the
> minor tomb" photo?

I believe it was by metering light reflected off my palm while standing
under the arch visible, and opening up one stop. Everyone's palm is the
same reflectivity regarless of skin colour, as there is no melanin on the
inside of the hand; it also happens to be very very close to being 1 stop
away from 18% gray :) In a pinch, it works very well for tricky lighting
when there is no gray card or incident light meter.

Your photo gallery has a very nice layout, clean, simple, and the images
are professional in nature as well!

--
/S
aim:iddibhai