[OM] In memory--not so long ago...really!

Subject: [OM] In memory--not so long ago...really!
From: "Gary Holder (s)" <spoilsport@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 03:43:18 -0500
I'm not holding these out as great shots or anything...but they ARE OM
(OM-G, Promaster Spectrum 7 28-70/f2.8, Agfa 400):

These are of the church I was married in almost 30 years go (though this is
the "new sanctuary" built about 1988--we were married in the very plain
old sanctuary of 1961 vintage; yes, really, as old as 1961), which had its
last service yesterday; and of the abandoned Circuit City store purchased
to replace it. I was fortunate enough to catch a recent service and get a
final tour while visiting home for the holidays.

The church will be demolished to make way for new runways at Lambert-St.
Louis Intl (a bit laughable post 9/11 and post-TWA STL hub--there are
numerous empty ex-TWA gates going begging right now). The Circuit City is
abandoned because the runway project cut the residential heart out of the
town that fed it (Bridgeton, MO, USA).

1. and 2. "New Sanctuary" of John Calvin Presbyterian Church, Bridgeton, MO:

http://dr.memory.home.mindspring.com/Old%20Church_New%20Church/Church01a.25_iv.jpg
http://dr.memory.home.mindspring.com/Old%20Church_New%20Church/Church02b.25_rot.jpg

3. and 4 (Vivtar 283 flash). The to-be-renovated ex-Circuit City that will
become John Calvin Presbyterian Church, Bridgeton, MO:

http://dr.memory.home.mindspring.com/Old%20Church_New%20Church/Church03a.25.jpg
http://dr.memory.home.mindspring.com/Old%20Church_New%20Church/Church04a.25.jpg

Larger, unprocessed versions are in the "Bigs" folder.

Gary Holder