[OM] Re: Junior photographers (was Diesels...)

Subject: [OM] Re: Junior photographers (was Diesels...)
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 23:25:44 +1100
It's a buzz watching the youngsters fall in love with photography isn't it
Matthew!

My 6yo son Drew is getting interested in taking photos too, he's inherited
my old digital P&S and just loves to fire off pics. Then we come home and
upload them to his computer (another of Dad's cast-offs) and he uses his
photos as wallpaper which gives him a real thrill. And I'm noticing that by
doing this (the wallpaper thing) he is more critical of is photos and is
becoming a better photographer.

And I like the fact that the digital is so cheap to use and the immediacy
of it. I remember my daughter burning up film and it was usually poor old
Dad doing the darkroom stuff because she was usually in bed as I had a
night-only darkroom...

Andrew McPhee