[OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)

Subject: [OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:09:28 -0800
I don't think anyone makes a camera that makes a camera that fits your
parameters. The E-1 and the more expensive Nikons and Canons are pretty
well sealed I think, except when you take the lens off. The problem is
that no one that I know of makes a wide range zoom that you would never
have to remove. The widest all purpose zooms currently only offer the
35mm equivalent of about 28mm focal length with a digital sensor.

You may be better off with one of the wide zoom digicams and their wide
angle gizmo attached inside of something like a EWA Marine underwater
baggy type housing for your extreme environment. The wide angle
attachments still allow zoom, but in a wider range.  Keep a spare
battery warm in your pocket. The NIkon Coolpix 8400 starts at 24mm to
80mm and can be made wider or longer with attachments.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA