[OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)

Subject: [OM] Re: A Stupid Question (on topic, kinda)
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:21:59 +0100

On 11 Jan 2005, at 17:35, Alienspecimen wrote:

> Actually I have a couple of questions, but later on that...How dirty
> and how do you clean the digital sensors on your cameras?

For me, it's easy: I don't have a digicam with interchangeable
lenses...(yet -- and when I do, it won't be an Olympus...)

> Reason I am aksking is, because I would like to finally own a digital
> SLR.  I am sick and tired of the never ending quest for keeping the
> dust away from canera and film, but I am not sure I see anything that
> would suit me.
> I would like to get a camera recommendation based on my shooting
> style.  Here is what's important to me:
> I live about 200yards from the sea (200m).  The UV filter that
> protects the lens fogs up just after 15 mins of walk around with the
> camera in hand.  The wind breeze is like a wall, you always feel its
> presence.

Growing up by the sea, I think a correction is in order here: what us
sea-front people call a breeze is what our landbound friends call a
hurricane. Walking in a 45 degrees angle towards the wind becomes a
habit...

<SNIP>

> P.P.S  Size does not matter, no matter what they tell you...maybe in
> 30-40 years, but not now.

Well, according to most of the spam-email I receive, size definitely do
matter ;)

Sorry, I cannot contribute to making your choice easier. I am aiming
for a Pentax digicam myself, but then again, I am the kind of guy who
happily mounts a 31mm lens on my camera and walks around for a week
with it....

--thomas